Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions of Use
Now Pharmacy is registered with the General Pharmaceutical Council and is compliant with NHS, UK and EU regulation.
Now Pharmacy is responsible for fulfilling your prescription. Once dispensed your medication will be delivered free of charge.
How do I use the service?
Now Healthcare Group provide a service enabling you to request a repeat prescription from your NHS GP and fulfilled by Now Pharmacy.
By using this service, you agree to nominate Now Pharmacy as your NHS Electronic Prescription Service pharmacy (“Nominated Pharmacy”). This means that all repeat prescriptions issued for you by your NHS GP will be sent to Now Pharmacy for dispensing.
You agree that the Pharmacy staff can view your NHS Summary Care Record. This permission for access is granted for when you initially register with Now Pharmacy or have a current order with Now Pharmacy only. All access is automatically logged and recorded by the NHS for audit and security purposes.
Finally, you agree that once a prescription is available, the Now Pharmacy team can dispatch your medication to you if no other details are required.
Please note that all repeat prescriptions issued by your NHS GP will be automatically sent to Now Pharmacy.
If you cannot wait for delivery, Now Pharmacy can transfer the prescription to your nearest pharmacy for you to collect. If at any point you want to withdraw your nomination, please call the team on 0151 345 6426 us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
How does the service work?
You will need to register and complete a prescription request through the Now Pharmacy website. Now Pharmacy will then forward your prescription request to your GP and it is then at your GPs discretion to issue a prescription. Your GP may want to speak to you before prescribing so your request may not be processed immediately. If you consult with your GP either over the phone or face-to-face, you should inform them that you would like your prescription to be sent electronically to your nominated pharmacy. Your GP may be delayed in issuing a repeat prescription. Now Pharmacy have no control over these delays and will attempt to contact your GP directly if there are any notable issues, or may request that you contact your GP directly.
This service is not suitable for emergency supplies or loans of medication.
Once your prescription has been issued by your GP, your GP will notify Now Pharmacy and provide the prescription to dispense and dispatch your medication.
Who has responsibility for providing my medication?
You: are responsible for the prescription orders you place, the information you provide and for checking and taking any medication correctly. We aim to help the NHS reduce any medicine waste so please only place repeat orders for medication you require and are currently taking. You are responsible for complying with these Terms.
Your NHS GP: is responsible for issuing your NHS prescriptions and providing you with medical advice. Please note that all prescribing decisions are made by your GP.
Now Pharmacy: is liable for fulfilling and dispatching your prescription correctly and in accordance with all General Pharmaceutical Council standards and guidelines. Your items will be delivered by Royal Mail.
Now Pharmacy is responsible for providing the Service. We accept liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence and we do not seek to exclude liability for fraudulent misrepresentation. You have certain legal rights. These include that we will provide the Service with reasonable skill and care and within a reasonable time. You have certain legal remedies if we breach any of these rights. Nothing in these Terms is intended to affect these legal rights or other rights to which you may also be entitled. For more information on your legal rights contact your local Citizens Advice Service.
We are not responsible for any failures or delays caused by you, your GP, Pharmacy Partners or Royal Mail. In the event of an issue you should contact us in the first instance and we may direct you to contact your GP, or Royal Mail as appropriate. We are not responsible for losses not caused by our breach, indirect losses or a failure to provide the Service due to any cause beyond our reasonable control which prevents us from fulfilling our obligations including but not limited to fire, storm, riot, civil disturbance, war, nuclear accident or terrorist activity and acts of God.
If we do breach these terms we shall only be liable for losses which are a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such a breach. Losses are foreseeable where they could be contemplated by you and us at the time of entering this Agreement.
Am I eligible to use this service?
Yes, provided you are at least eighteen (18) years of age, hold a valid UK credit or debit card in your name and are currently registered with an NHS England GP practice.
What are my obligations?
- You are responsible for providing accurate information about yourself, your GP and changes to your medication. If you do not provide accurate information then you could be putting your health at serious risk. You must check the spelling and dosage information and follow the clinical directions provided with your medication. You should review the patient information leaflet provided with the medication.
- You confirm that you are requesting medications for your own personal use only. Medications should never be shared with any other person.
- You agree to keep your login details confidential and not to share them with any other person.
- You agree not to use any Service provided by us for any unlawful purpose, including requesting unauthorised medications.
- You agree not to use our websites or applications in any way that will damage, impair or render them less efficient.
- You acknowledge that the use of the Service does not grant you any rights in relation to our intellectual property rights.
- If you receive any medication scheduling notifications from Now Healthcare, you acknowledge and agree that these are recommendations only and that the clinical directions given by your GP and/or pharmacist must always supersede these recommendations. In the event these recommendations contradict the guidance on your medication label, you agree to follow the instructions on the medication label.
- You acknowledge that Now Healthcare Group is not responsible for incidents relating to the storage, handling, manufacture, delivery, use, misuse or abuse of your medication.
We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to Now Healthcare Group at any time without notice if we have reasonable grounds to believe that you have breached any of these terms.
How does payment work?
- If you pay for your medication, then you will be charged the NHS prescription charge, which is currently £8.60 per item. This will appear on your bank statement. No medical information will be passed to your bank or credit card company.
- If you do not pay for your medication, you will be required to declare and upload appropriate evidence (depending on the exemption). You agree that it is your responsibility to ensure that you meet the exemption criteria. You agree for Now Healthcare to share this evidence of exemption with appropriate NHS authorities for verification.
- Your agreement with your mobile network provider will apply when using any Service. You may be charged by your provider for network connection services while using the Service. If you are not the bill payer for the network connection services being used, you will be assumed to have received permission from the bill payer to use the Service.
Can I cancel my order?
You can cancel your order at any point until the medication is dispensed by Now Pharmacy and you will receive a full refund with the same method of payment. Unfortunately, due to the nature of prescription medications, once your items have been despatched, you will be unable to cancel your order, return the medication or receive a refund (unless you are returning them because they are damaged or have been dispatched in error). Any unwanted medicines must be disposed of by returning the medication to a pharmacy or to any authorised location.
When will I receive my medication?
Medications are sent via Royal Mail and orders dispatched before noon on Monday to Friday should arrive within 48 hours from the time the order is dispatched by a Now Pharmacy. We cannot guarantee the exact time and day of arrival – please allow for up to three working days for your medication to arrive. You understand that once your item is passed to Royal Mail by Now Pharmacy, it becomes their responsibility. Royal Mail terms and conditions apply to your order. These can be accessed here.
These Terms are governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute, question or remedy shall be determined exclusively by the courts of England and Wales. These Terms are only available in the English language.
If any part of these Terms is disallowed or found to be ineffective by any court or regulator, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
How can I contact you?
Please feel free to call the team on 0151 345 6426 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can write to Now Healthcare Group, 1 Lowry Plaza, Salford Quays, M50 3UB. Should you wish to file a complaint, please contact us via the methods listed above. We aim to acknowledge complaints within two working days.
The ‘Data Protection Act’ which sets out the laws about how information is treated. The ‘Caldicott principles’ are guidelines specifically designed to ensure that UK patient data remains confidential. Now Healthcare Group have developed systems and processes to ensure that the standards set out in both documents are met or exceeded.
Who controls your information?
Now Pharmacy is a trading name of Meds Delivery Ltd, a company based at 621 Prescot Road, Liverpool. Now Pharmacy takes overall responsibility for managing your data, and is what is legally known as the ‘data controller’ – you can read more about these responsibilities by visiting thee Now Healthcare Group page on the Information Commissioners Office’s website (Registration Number ZA101183). Now Pharmacy follows strict data protection protocols. Your information will be processed securely by Now Pharmacy in order to fulfil your prescription requests. No one else will have access to your medical data.
What information is needed and how is it used?
There are some essential pieces of information that are required to process your prescriptions. The main types of information that we handle are:
- Personal information such as your name, address, date of birth and GP details.
- Contact information, including phone number and email address.
- Details regarding the medication you require.
- Exemption details if you do not pay for prescriptions.
- Electronic proof of your consent, so that Now Healthcare Group can request prescriptions on your behalf.
- Payment details for prescription charges and postage. Please note that Now Healthcare does not store your credit/debit card details, which are instead managed by our payment handler Sagepay. You can read about Sagepay’s security credentials here
- Preferred delivery address information and contact details, which are provided to Royal Mail to facilitate delivery. Please note that we will never share any other information with Royal Mail.
- Location information from your phone is used to make it easier for you to search for your GP and automatically populate address fields.
- Information such as when you accessed Now Pharmacy, cookie data, requests made, glitches and crashes of the app may be recorded so that we can improve the service.
Due to the sensitive nature of the information required to process prescriptions we do not allow for the integration and/or transfer of information to any other mobile apps on your device.
Now Healthcare Group use email, push alerts and in-app notifications to communicate. Occasionally, these communications may contain personal information. If you feel you are uncomfortable with these methods of communication. please do not use this service.
If you provide Now Healthcare Group with permission, the information collected will be used to offer you carefully selected products and services that are believed to be of benefit to you. Now Healthcare Group will never share your information with any third parties for marketing, advertising or any purposes other than fulfilling your order as specified above.
Please note that Now Healthcare Group are obliged to share information as necessary to comply with any legal process within the UK.
How your data is kept secure
Now Healthcare Group use SSL encryption to transfer your information between your phone, Now Healthcare Group servers and Now Pharmacy. Access to this information is restricted to authorised personnel and your data will never be transferred outside of the European Economic Area. All data is encrypted at rest, meaning that all data stored on our systems have been encrypted.
Your data, your choice
If at any point you change your mind about using this service or just want to update your profile, please contact the team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your request will be processed within three working days. Please note, that Now Healthcare Group retain your data for 6 years from deletion of your account in order to comply with our legal responsibilities (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998).
From time to time, Now Healthcare Group we may need to update these terms in order to comply with changes in legislation so suggest that you check this page periodically.
If you would like a copy of any personal information held about you, you can request this in writing to Now Healthcare Group, 1 Lowry Plaza, Salford Quays, M50 3UB. There will be an administrative charge for processing this request of £5.00.
Now Pharmacy uses a technology called ‘Cookies’ across all of its websites in order to deliver the best possible user experience. Cookies are files that are stored on your device each time you visit a website and enables understanding of your preferences and habits.
Cookies do not contain person-identifiable information such as medical information, credit/debit card or personal contact details.
Now Healthcare Group websites are set to ‘allow cookies’ and if you browse the sites you consent to this. If you would prefer to deactivate cookies, you can do so by updating your browser settings. Please note that disabling cookies will limit the service that Now Healthcare Group can provide. For more information on how to update your settings, visit ico.org.
Now Healthcare Group uses three types of cookie:
Session cookies: These enable the tracking of your movement across the websites and save information to make life easier. For instance, a session cookie might save an item to your shopping basket, without which you would be forced to order each item separately.
Persistent cookies: These enable your preferences and settings to be saved each time you visit our websites. This makes using the site faster and reduces the need to re-enter data.
Third party cookies: These enable tracking of user activity outside the websites and optimise campaigns and analytics better.